Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging client

dotstudio
Marlie H Member Since: Jun 30, 2016
11 of 16

Hello upwork-people,

Here is an Newbi speaking who having some questions.

Like I said, I'm new. I have my first project (hourly paid) and everything going very well.
The client is nice and happy with the workprocess. 
Now Its the moment that I send the product to the client. But I'm a bit cautious about that, I want to do it right.

So my question is,..
Can I just send it to him through the Upwork-message-chat? If so, what is then the next step? How will I get paid? Will I get paid automatically? Or need the client do something? Need the contract being closed first? And are there more things that I need to keep in mind?

This is really a step in the dark for me, so I hope someone can help me out here. (:

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
12 of 16

re: "Can I just send it to him through the Upwork-message-chat?"

Yes.

re: "If so, what is then the next step?"

Nothing, really.

re: "How will I get paid? Will I get paid automatically?"

You'll be paid automatically, based on the time you logged using the time-tracking software.

re: "Or need the client do something?"

No. Client does not need to do anything. Client's credit card is automatically charged.

re: "Need the contract being closed first?"

No. If the work is all done, then ask the client to close the contract.

Closing the contract or not closing the contract has nothing to do with whether or not you will be paid.

dotstudio
13 of 16

Thanks Preston, for your fast answers!
Now its more clear for me (:

I have one more question, If you dont mind?
Will there be a moment that the client need to fill in a review or will he get an notification to do that?
Or is this something I need to ask?

again, thanks for your help 

kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 16

Hi Marlie,

When the client closes the contract they will be asked to leave feedback. You will not see it, however, until either you leave your feedback or 14 days after the contract is closed. That's because the system is double-blind. You can find more information about it here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
15 of 16

Hi Marlie, welcome to Upwork and congrats on winning your first job on Upwork.

Please see my initial reply to the OP above and check the resources I've linked in my post. You can indeed submit work via Messages to your client.

You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center and in our Freelancer Guide.

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread and our Trust & Safety FAQ.

dotstudio
16 of 16

Thanks Vladimir, For you comment (:

I will look into the 'getting started as a freelancer'. That will be very handy, thank you!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS