🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Chat Support Isn't Working?
Page options
mostafagamaal
Community Member

Chat Support Isn't Working?

Hello,

I'm a top-rated freelancer and I was trying to contact Upwork's chat support but the option to chat is not available.

Did their work hours change because of Covid-19?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Mostafa G wrote:

I'm a top-rated freelancer and I was trying to contact Upwork's chat support but the option to chat is not available.

Usually that happens when they are drowning in Chat requests. With the Payoneer situation and today being Auto-withdrawal day" they are likely completely snowed under.

Ask your question here.

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
petra_r
Community Member

Mostafa G wrote:

Usually that happens when they are drowning in Chat requests. With the Payoneer situation and today being Auto-withdrawal day" they are likely completely snowed under.

Ask your question here.

Thank you for the reply, Petra.

I just wanted to hide feedback that customer support asked me to wait for 14 days before requesting to hide it again.

I can wait, no problem.

It has been 8 more days since that payoneer and auto withdrawal issue. The chat support is still not there.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mostafa,

Our support team is available 24/7. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar, I am facing the same issue today. Need some assistance regarding unfair feedback from the client. Thanks.

Husain, it would be more effective to discuss your problem here rather than try to talk to Upwork Customer Support.

That is true for nearly any topic. And definitely true for your situation. Upwork Customer Support is not the "Unfair Feedback Police."

One of my client left unfair feedback just because he didn't get any reply from the supplier contacts i found for him. Which was not my mistake and responsibility because my task was to just find suppliers contacts but if they are not interested in my client's proposal and not replying to him that's not my fault right? He left unfair feedback just because of this reason otherwise the list i sent to him was accurate and high quality and i delivered more than he asked for.

Husain P wrote:

One of my client left unfair feedback just because he didn't get any reply from the supplier contacts i found for him.

Upwork do not interfere with client feedback and your response is doing a lot more harm that the 4 star feedback. Most clients would overlook a 4 star feedback, but you draw attention to it and make it worse with your response.

Don't bother contacting Support with that, it wastes your time and theirs. There is nothing about the feedback that violates any terms. If you have your top rated perk available, you can use that to remove the impact of the contract on your JSS. If you don't have the perk available, the feedback stands as it is.

Hi Petra,

I already contacted my client and asked about what went wrong? He said he didn't get any reply that's why he left 4 star feedback and maybe negative private feedback so i immidiately refunded him but i am worried about this feedback's impact on my profile and i belive this is totally unfair behaviour from the client. 

If you can see he gave me 3 out of 5 in skills and 2 out of 5 in quality. I still don't understand what is the connection bettween skills,quality and suppliers response. Isn't it violation of Upwork T&C? It clearly states that client's can't leave unfair and false feedback.

Husain P wrote:

Isn't it violation of Upwork T&C?

No, it isn't and no, it doesn't say that anywhere. Refunding was as stupid an idea as that response. It does not remove the negative impact from the JSS calculation, it just removes the contract from your profile. 

You can use your top rated perk if you have it available, but you can't dispute the feedback. The client has every right to their opinion.

I have not refunded him because of this feedback. I refunded him because he was not happy and i usually don't keep the money someone pays me unhappily. I understand that it will still impact my JSS.

Husain P wrote:

i usually don't keep the money someone pays me unhappily. I understand that it will still impact my JSS.

Your JSS will not last long if you do that often.... Unless you did something wrong, why would you refund?

f9e2930f
Community Member

IMHO you are being a little too rude

Deniz K wrote:

IMHO you are being a little too rude

Petra has improved a lot over the last year 🙂 

amoroso_aprille
Community Member

Exactly. In the past month, the chat support was having issues transferring. It always disconnects. I am not sure if it is done for a purpose. And now, it is worst. For several days I've been trying to get in touch with the chat people and it is not opening the chat room. Upwork seems to be on the verge of technical failures just like the same as the technical issues appearing when computing the JSS. If not, it could be that they are trying to downsize their manpower thus lacking people to support the growing number of users. Trying to keep all income within their pocket? Result? The quality of service is a downtrend. Hmmm...

Aprille A wrote:

Exactly. In the past month, the chat support was having issues transferring...

Chat Support is usually only available for freelancers who are top rated or Rising Talent, which you are not. Try raising a ticket instead.

Hi Aprille,

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

Feel free to share more information here about your questions or concerns so we can assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar. I have no idea if you are still on the team but I am reaching out in desparation. I have tried everything and I cannot reach any form of support from Upwork. It's been a day now and the "Get Suppport" option doesn't show up on any of my computers or on my iPhone. I've gone to the support request page as well and there is no option to create a new request. I even tried calling and left a message but have not heard back yet. Please let me know how I can contact support.

Hi Patrick,

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. Our customer support team is creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot.

If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community and we will be happy to help.
~ Nikola
Upwork
ce42598c
Community Member

Hi it seems the Get Support button appears if Im not login, but disapear once I logged in. If I start chatting without being connected it will ask me to login and again the chat will not reappear. My account issues have been ongoing since Monday. 3 tickets filled and 0 answer since Wednesday. My whole company is on halt. 

Hi Rudy,

I checked and can see that you're currently communicating with our team. Please allow some time for them to review your latest reply and continue to communicate with them as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi my profile is locked please make it public

Hi there,

Your profile visibility has been reset to public. For more information, please check out this help article. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ce42598c
Community Member

Thank you for the answer but it doesn't answer the fact that the chat doesn't appear anymore?

Also its been 4 days without any answers when it should be 24-48h...

This has an impact on our project! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths