🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Chat Support has ended?
Page options
daly_dermot
Community Member

Chat Support has ended?

Hi, I can't find chat suppport now - never had a problem before, last time was  2-3 months ago. Has the policy changed i.e. it is ony available for "Top Rated" freelancers now?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Dermot,

You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team. Please feel free to share more information with us here in the community and we'll gladly help you with it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
JoanneP

Hi Dermot,

You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team. Please feel free to share more information with us here in the community and we'll gladly help you with it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Great - thanks Joanne.

I have clicked the question mark below, chose ask something else, and contact support, the bot said he will look for available supporr, and i have waited already for almost half an hour and still no support team entertain my concern.. please is there anybody here who can help me? why did it get so hard to get support now unlike before???

Hi Evelyn,

Could you share more details about the problem you're experiencing so that I can assist you accordingly? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Same here Evelyn. There's nobody on the other end. This is ridiculous. UpWork, do you have any explanation here?

See attached. I've been trying thoughout the day. Why is there no support anymore?

Chat Support is only available to top rated and Rising Talent Freelancers. You should have the option to submit a ticket. Or you can just ask here. (quicker)

When did this change and why? This is really quite shabby given I am paying 5% of significant income every week. It's clearly time to move to a better platform.

Also, my original question was "Has the policy changed i.e. it is ony available for "Top Rated" freelancers now?" and the reply was to "click on the question mark.." so I've wasted the whole day following your instructions.

Please explain how I can raise a ticket. Please ensure your instructions are clear and correct.

Dermot D wrote:

When did this change and why?

That's been the case for as long as I can think back. 

Dermot D wrote:

Also, my original question was "Has the policy changed i.e. it is ony available for "Top Rated" freelancers now?" and the reply was to "click on the question mark.." so I've wasted the whole day following your instructions.

No, you didn't "follow my instructions". I didn't give you any instructions. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

I used chat support 2-3 months ago with no problems.

When I said "you instructions" I meant this forum's instructions. Please check my original message and the reply. I followed the intructions given by Joanne Marie P.

Can you please reply to my question RE: logging a ticket. Thank You.

Hi Dermot,

Our team will create a ticket for you as soon as possible and will assist you further. Once your ticket is created you will receive an email notification as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Mr. Goran!
I need an immediate assistance now, please!
I tried for the nth time the contact support by clicking the question mark at the bottom right of this page, again, it does not work, no contact support attended my need.

I just received a payment bonus now from my client. the status is still pending. i just want to ask if there's a way you can make the release of this payment bonus earlier just like the regular payment? Please someone assist me. I need this because my ATM card has been debited without cash dispensed in an ATM terminal here. that is why releasing of this payment bonus of mine in an earlier time would really, really matter to me. please someone from support team, please help me. thank u so much!!!

Hi Evelyn,

I'd like to confirm that Petra is right. All manual payments, including milestones and bonuses, become available 5 days after the payment is successfully processed. 

As for your concern about not being able to contact our support team, I'm really sorry about the trouble. I've shared this with the team, and one of our agents will reach out and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks Goran - I got an emal from support.

Hi Dermot! No, I don't think chat support is only available to Top Rated Freelancers, because I myself is a Top Rated Plus freelancer and yer no chat support is available on my end. Stay safe!

Evelyn S wrote:
Hi Dermot! No, I don't think chat support is only available to Top Rated Freelancers, because I myself is a Top Rated Plus freelancer and yer no chat support is available on my end. Stay safe!

You are a top rated freelancer. Toprated Plus freelancers are, by definition, top rated. Chat is available to you, there is just some glitch that results in you not seeing it. 

Premium Support.png

Hi Dermont,

Could you also share more information about the problem you're experiencing and I will escalate it further? Our team will also double check why you're not able to connect with our Customer Support. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks. Please fix the custmer support urgently and I will talk to them directly.

re: "I beg to disagree that chat support is only available to top rated. why? because i am a top rated plus, and yet no chat support available on my end"

The availability of live chat support varies. Varies based on who you are. Based on day of the week. Based on time of day. Based on current support voilume.

Don't count on it being there. Be prepared to a obtain support via Hep Desk Ticket or Community Forum.

Thanks Preston. I can live with Hep Desk Ticket. I've just been trying to find it on Upwork Support page but no joy. Can you advise how to submit a ticker? 

Yeah, Mr. Preston. that's what I have been telling to Ms. Petra and Mr. Dermot because they both think chat support is only available to top rated freelancers

Hi Evelyn,

You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help you, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team.

You're also free to share your concern here with us so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Mr. Bojan!
I need an immediate assistance now, please!
I tried for the nth time the contact support by clicking the question mark at the bottom right of this page, again, it does not work, no contact suport attended my need.

I just received a payment bonus now from my client. the status is still pending. i just want to ask if there's a way you can make the release of this payment bonus earlier just like the regular payment? Please someone assist me. I need this because my ATM card has been debited without cash dispensed in an ATM terminal here. rhat is why releasing of this payment bonus of mine in an earlier time would really, really matter to me. please someone from support team, please help me. thank u so much!!!

Evelyn S wrote:
 i just want to ask if there's a way you can make the release of this payment bonus earlier just like the regular payment?

No, there isn't. There is a 5 day security period which can't be changed.

Dermot, Evelyn: Don't hold your breath. Keep breathing, that's the key...

Keep breathing.Keep breathing.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members