cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheated!

smiljanic997
Slaven S Member Since: Jul 13, 2016
1 of 5

Is it possible somehow to leave a review on a client profile that hadn't officially hired me? A guy behind the profile **Edited for Community Guidelines** cheated me for $50, but it's my fault that I trusted him. I just want to warn others that they don't trust him.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Slaven,

I am sorry you found yourself in this situation.

In order for the freelancer and client to be able to leave feedback for each other, there has to be a contract. That's one of many reasons why, freelancers need to make sure they have a contract under My Jobs tab before they do any work for a client.

~ Valeria
Upwork
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 5

You cheated yourself by working without a contract and expecting things to end well. Learn your way around Upwork before applying for any more jobs so this doesn't happen again.

ETA: Well, now I see you've worked other jobs, so I guess you should have known better.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
4 of 5

@Virginia F wrote:

You cheated yourself by working without a contract and expecting things to end well. Learn your way around Upwork before applying for any more jobs so this doesn't happen again.

ETA: Well, now I see you've worked other jobs, so I guess you should have known better.

That's pretty much exactly what he said. 

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 5

Yes ... I see that now - I'm running a fever today, so I probably shouldn't be posting. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS