cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Payment **

Highlighted
Manoj J Member Since: May 7, 2016
1 of 5

Today **Edited for Community Guidelines** company contacted me for the work but little surprising is that First they are sending me check directly to my home for softwares and equipments which i suppose to use or the work i told them i need check through upwork and their reply is this

You don't need to be worried about that as the company will handle your pay charges from upwork as an agreement is currently on process with upwork on each employee hired by the company OK

[5/7/16, 6:36 PM] Unknown: The payment office only makes use of the regular mail service that is why it can't be done through upwork

Is anyboy else worked with company ?
They took my interview through Hangouts.google another thing from the check company wanted me keep $ 200 as signing up bonus and for the rest of amount company wants me buy softwares and equipments from the venders they will provide me list.

Please let me know HOw was your exprience to work with this company ?

Thanks

Manoj
Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 5

Manoj,

Everything you were told is a lie. Whoever you spoke to in Google hangouts does not work for the company they said they worked for. Do not cash or deposit any check they send, and do not send them anything. Flag the job as inappropriate and report it to Upwork support. REMEMBER, NEVER accept money from any client unless you are offered a contract and the MONEY CAN NEVER BE PAID TO YOU DIRECTLY. Anyone who says they will pay you directly is lying and trying to steal your money.

Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 5

Scam.  Big time scam.

Highlighted
Gary J Member Since: Aug 30, 2016
4 of 5

I had the same thing happen only it was with **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Same deal. I will flag it as a scam. Same exact thing . Thought it sounded fishy.  thanks for helping me.

gary

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Manoj,

This isn't a legitimate job and our team has already taken action against the client's account. For future reference, please take screenshots of the clients' requests and send them directly to Customer SupportYou should only receive payments through Upwork, as paying, receiving payment and requesting/accepting to be paid outside Upwork is against our ToS and carries a penalty for all parties involved, not to mention a high chance of not getting paid for your work and violating international and national laws in the process. 

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread and Upwork Trust & Safety FAQ.

You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center and by reading "A Freelancer's Guide to Upwork". I also suggest watching our educational videos and reading the best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS