🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Check Privacy Setting after Maintenance
Page options
browersr
Community Member

Check Privacy Setting after Maintenance

Coming out of the extended maintenance and I found my profile was set to "Private". I have never had my profile set to private. Make sure to check yours as soon as possible.

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting Scott.

I see your profile is public now, I presume you updated its visibility. I'll check with our team if we this could be related to the recently completed maintenance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Thanks for reporting Scott.

I see your profile is public now, I presume you updated its visibility. I'll check with our team if we this could be related to the recently completed maintenance.

Per my message, it came after maintenance ended so it certainly was the update. I of course just set my profile back to public. Just wanted to make people aware in case they failed to notice on their own profile.

jorgensons
Community Member

Ever since the big site update, my messages won't refresh in the Upwork Messenger app, though they update when I view messages on my laptop. (I use the Android version of the app.) The preview on the app's main screen updates to show the first few words of the most recent message. When I click on the conversation itself, however, the last message to display is from Saturday morning (or earlier -- whenever the last message was sent prior to the update).

I'm attaching screenshots from one specific conversation to illustrate this, but it's happening across all conversations. You can clearly see on the main screen that message doesn't match up with what displays in the actual conversation. I've tried refreshing the messages (both on the main screen and within each individual conversation screen), and I've also tried logging out and back in. Unfortunately, nothing works.  

Two questions:

1. Is this happening to anyone else?

2. Does anyone know how to fix it?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Signe,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members