🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Checking the status of uploads accompanying a...
Page options
dicnic
Community Member

Checking the status of uploads accompanying a proposal

How do I determine if, when a prospect opens a .pdf or .mp3 file associated with one of my proposals, that the fil will actually open so the prospect can see/hear it?

Thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

Richard N wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

My problem is that when my submission is ready to be sent off and I click on the .pdf of my sample,  what opens up is not the .pdf but rather a age where I can save the .pdf to a folder in my computer. Is that what's supposed to happen?

R

The client will be forced to download the file and then they can open it from their download folder, PDF will open in a browser or Acrobat or whatever and MP3 in whatever sound player they have. Probably iTunes or Windows Media Player. IDK what other OSes use.

eta: there is no way to know if they actually opened it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

Unless someone is running Windows 95, they have something that will open PDF and mp3.

dicnic
Community Member

Hi Jennifer,

My problem is that when my submission is ready to be sent off and I click on the .pdf of my sample,  what opens up is not the .pdf but rather a age where I can save the .pdf to a folder in my computer. Is that what's supposed to happen?

R

lysis10
Community Member

Richard N wrote:

Hi Jennifer,

R

The client will be forced to download the file and then they can open it from their download folder, PDF will open in a browser or Acrobat or whatever and MP3 in whatever sound player they have. Probably iTunes or Windows Media Player. IDK what other OSes use.

eta: there is no way to know if they actually opened it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members