🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Choosing a payment method
Page options
florence-gati
Community Member

Choosing a payment method

Hello, which is the best option to choose when submitting a proposal pay by milestone or by the project. Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Florence W wrote:

Hello, which is the best option to choose when submitting a proposal pay by milestone or by the project. Thank you.

That depends on the value and if a project can be cut int meaningful milestones. I tend to opt for "by project" unless the value is over around $1000 or more.

Going for several milestones just creates potential delay. Also, when a contract is "by project" I know that all the money is in escrow (provided the client correctly funds it) and I can just get on with it and complete it without having to wait for subsequent milestones to be created and funded.

Martina P wrote:

That's the same thing, fixed price.

No, it isn't. When writing a proposal for a fixed rate contract you get to choose "by project" or "by milestones"

fixed.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

That's the same thing, fixed price. The question is, what is better, fixed or hourly. It depends on the task. 

petra_r
Community Member

Florence W wrote:

That depends on the value and if a project can be cut int meaningful milestones. I tend to opt for "by project" unless the value is over around $1000 or more.

Going for several milestones just creates potential delay. Also, when a contract is "by project" I know that all the money is in escrow (provided the client correctly funds it) and I can just get on with it and complete it without having to wait for subsequent milestones to be created and funded.

Martina P wrote:

That's the same thing, fixed price.

No, it isn't. When writing a proposal for a fixed rate contract you get to choose "by project" or "by milestones"

fixed.png

florence-gati
Community Member

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members