cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification board

prashant9099
Prashant G Member Since: Apr 24, 2016
1 of 6

I usually came across job posts that say 20 to 50 proposals and 1 interview(might be 2 or 3).

Also, even in 15 proposals, it says 3 interviewing.

Being a freelancer I expect I can drop a message on those posting asking if you are still taking more proposals( if in case client's requirement seems interesting). 

or, I have some questions which I require to ask directly to the client before posting actual proposal. If upwork provides such option it would be great, Else freelancer's would end up losing 2 credits against those posting's with no luck.

What do you think?

P.S. That's merely a suggestion.

rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 6

hi prashant

i had posted this before and no one seems to be serious about this issue..what i got was irrelevant replies but none from upwork support...

this feature is very much needed ,there are few projects where requirements are not clearly defined and in order to clarify that it really hurts to spend connects...

Rahul

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

@Rahul V wrote:

hi prashant

i had posted this before and no one seems to be serious about this issue..what i got was irrelevant replies

How dare you?

You didn't get "irrelevant" replies, you got replies you clearly failed to comprehend and replies you did not agree with from your limited understanding of what clients feel about the issue.

that does not make the replies "irrelevant", it just makes them beyond your level of understanding.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 6

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Due to the downsides of this features, which were mentioned before on threads discussing the same topic, it had been removed a number of years ago from Elance and won't be implemented on Upwork.

Untitled
rolludesig
Community Guru
Rahul V Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 6

hi vladmir

thanks for your reply on this issue but what can be done in case of projects where clients does not clarify about the exact amount of work?

it is rather too confusing in case of fixed rate projects

Rahul

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 6

@Rahul V wrote:

hi vladmir

thanks for your reply on this issue but what can be done in case of projects where clients does not clarify about the exact amount of work?

You either apply and clarify the scope of your bid in your proposal, or move on to another job posting that is more to your liking.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS