Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification

servicetier
Sarfaraz B Member Since: Dec 10, 2015
11 of 12

Laura,

I'm glad that the client understood their limitations and got someone else to handle e-mail for them.

My main reason for responding, though, is to offer a suggestion, if I might. Since you're okay with using Skype--as most of us are--you could ask them to screenshare and help them with the upload using the UW platform that way. I see keeping it all in the family, so to speak, advantageous and am in agreement with the idea that it helps you in case of a dispute.

I see your point, though, of making it easy for them to do business with you and to avoid having them be discouraged and frustrated with the recommended tools although they aren't any different than the other ones they ended up using.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
12 of 12

@Sarfaraz B wrote:

My main reason for responding, though, is to offer a suggestion, if I might. Since you're okay with using Skype--as most of us are--you could ask them to screenshare and help them with the upload using the UW platform that way. I see keeping it all in the family, so to speak, advantageous and am in agreement with the idea that it helps you in case of a dispute.

I see your point, though, of making it easy for them to do business with you and to avoid having them be discouraged and frustrated with the recommended tools although they aren't any different than the other ones they ended up using.

That is an inspired idea!  Another idea if I may:

My portfolio items exisit for one reason: to help clients make a good decision about hiring people in my niche (which is not as cut and dry as other hires). If you seem to OFTEN have to explain something, why not create a guide, stick it in your portfolio, and then link it in your Cover Letter.

These links are legal, btw.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS