🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Account Deactived. Unable to Recover. ...
Page options
dudewhodesigns
Community Member

Client Account Deactived. Unable to Recover. Payment Funded. Will I receive it.

Hi. My clients account got suspended after one day of sign up.

He had funded the full amount of work which I will receive after I submit work. I had almost done the job and prepared the files. Although he was also following me on Twitter. And I will send him the work there.

Which protocols should I follow to safely secure the funded amount since he cant approve the milestone.

And how long will the process take.

Please guide me. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
jr-translation
Community Member

Muhammad A wrote:

Hi. My clients account got suspended after one day of sign up.

He had funded the full amount of work which I will receive after I submit work. I had almost done the job and prepared the files. Although he was also following me on Twitter. And I will send him the work there.

Which protocols should I follow to safely secure the funded amount since he cant approve the milestone.

And how long will the process take.

Please guide me. Thank you.

A client account only gets suspended if there was a seriouss violation of the ToS. Stop working for this client.
No client account = no job = no contract = no payment

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Muhammad,

It sounds like this "client" knew how to manipulate you, as a new Upwork user, to provide him/her with some free work that the "client" never planned to pay for.

It is highly unlikely, but if this client offers to pay you by any means other than Upwork that is a major violation of Upwork's Terms of Service and would put your future use of Upwork at risk.

I know it's a bitter pill, but your best approach is to just move on.

In the future, don't start work on an hourly project until Upwork (not the client) tells you a new client's payment method has been verified and don't start work on a fixed price project until Upwor tells you the client has funded at least the first milestone.

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members