🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Account Suspended
Page options
saimunshahriar
Community Member

Client Account Suspended

I have been doing a job for the last 1 month, but I received a mail 2 days ago that the contract has been put on hold. So I texted my client about that issue for paying attention to this matter. He said he noticed and was talking to the Upwork team about changing his bank account and credit card. But the main thing is, the deadline for my contract is on the 25th May and the work is almost done. Around 2 thousand data left. I knocked him again yesterday, he will say that it will not affect me. When I finish the work, he'll check the data, and then he will release the payment. But will there be any problem with the payment later?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Shahriar H wrote:

I understood that, but my client says that still, he'll be able to release the milestone because it's a fixed project. So, should I deliver the final project to him? If I deliver then can be able to release the milestone? I'm getting confused, please help me out.

If the work is finished, I would submit the milestone as normal. The money is already in escrow, so that's not the issue. Chances are, the client failed to pay for some hourly contract(s), but their payment method clearly worked when funding your contract.

You have nothing to lose by submitting.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
raina5
Community Member

I can't speak specifically to your case, but I have had this happen twice in the past, where a client's payment method (a card or link to an account etc) needs to be updated with Upwork, they notified me,  and both times it was all fine. They updated their payment info and everything went through normally. I imagine there would be recourse for you if a client doesn't pay, but I haven't been faced with that. Best of luck!

lysis10
Community Member

Tell him to get his poop together and you'll deliver when the issue is fixed. Don't deliver until he does. You'll know if he didn't pay on Tuesday if you get a message about payment protection or they notify you that you gave a refund. 

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Still, I have a query and which is, What about the deadline? The deadline is tomorrow. If I'll not deliver the project, Is there any possibility to happen anything wrong with my account?

I don't care about getting best answer but just so you know that poster is wrong. There is no recourse  for getting paid if you did not use tracker and follow the payment protection rules.

re: "What about the deadline? The deadline is tomorrow."

If the contract is on hold, then I don't work.

If the contract is on hold, I can't log time. I can't get paid. So I don't work.

There is no deadline as long as the contract is on hold.

I understood that, but my client says that still, he'll be able to release the milestone because it's a fixed project. So, should I deliver the final project to him? If I deliver then can be able to release the milestone? I'm getting confused, please help me out.

Shahriar H wrote:

If the work is finished, I would submit the milestone as normal. The money is already in escrow, so that's not the issue. Chances are, the client failed to pay for some hourly contract(s), but their payment method clearly worked when funding your contract.

You have nothing to lose by submitting.

Thank you so much, Petra Heart

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members