🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Asked To Work For Free
Page options
jshperdhea
Community Member

Client Asked To Work For Free

Ok, so I've had clients ask me for a free sample all the time. And usually it's fair when you send like a paragraph of 50 words maximum or if you send a published article. I never send "one single word" for free. But this is crazy beyond of everything I have seen before. So I had this client reply to me and asking for 1000-2000 words for free. Their payment method was unverified. Now, I think Upwork should check on these scammers who ruin the market. Photo below.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for taking the time to report this! Any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of the Terms of Service. You should never start working without an active contract, which would show on your My Jobs page.

I sent the report to our team for investigation so that the appropriate actions can be taken according to our internal processes. 

In the meantime, you can check this post for tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you'd like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths