🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client Asking Skype Interview
Page options
748d1296
Community Member

Client Asking Skype Interview

Hello,

I am new to Upwork, I recently submitted a proposal and today I received a message from the client to connect on Skype to discuss the project, I told him to discuss it in the message section but he says payment will be on Upwork but you have to discuss the project on skype.

Please help me

Thank You

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Raj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Communicating outside Upwork prior to a contract starting is against ToS. This is to protect freelancers from possible scams and avoid circumvention which could get your account permanently suspended.

You may inform the client to use the Zoom feature within the message center if they want to conduct an interview.

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi Raj,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Communicating outside Upwork prior to a contract starting is against ToS. This is to protect freelancers from possible scams and avoid circumvention which could get your account permanently suspended.

You may inform the client to use the Zoom feature within the message center if they want to conduct an interview.

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members