Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Asking for Refund on hourly job

dsmgdesign
Community Guru
David S M Member Since: Apr 24, 2018
11 of 14

Clients can only dispute the previous week on hourly contracts. Also, the feedback period is 14 days from the end of the contract. As long as you have passed this, you don't need to worry about it. The client can't do a thing to get their money back or damage your reputation on Upwork. 

joansands
Community Guru
Joan S Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
12 of 14

David - I think you are wrong. A client can still dispute an hourly contract if they missed doing that for the previous week. It then apparently just takes longer to get resolved. My client in my dispute did try to damage my reputation with the horrible feedback he left. He also said he was going to write to the head of Upwork and get me banned from the site.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 14

If you are a client, you can observe the work diary in near real time.

You can ask the freelancer to send you the files at any time.

You have five days after a work week end to review work and dispute time segments.

I understand that Upwork extends clients EVEN MORE opportunity to file a "dispute."

But it's bad form. Dirty pool. Regardless of what Upwork "allows."

If you are a client who is a decent human being, then if you don't want to keep working with a freelancer and paying her, then end the contract. Don't let them keep working, benefit from their labor, and then ask for the money back that you paid them.

wlyonsatl
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
14 of 14

Preston,

What is "hourly mediation" and when did Upwork start offering it?

I don't remember every having heard that term used before.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS