🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Cancelled the contract after submit th...
Page options
shoaibirizvee
Community Member

Client Cancelled the contract after submit the file.

I got an offer from the client on May 1, 2021. The contract will be ended on May 8, 2021. Today I submit the job file through Upwork Message after complete it. After that client cancels the contract. I'm new here, so I don't know much. Will I receive payment?

Is there anyone who can help me with this?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Shoaib R wrote:

I got an offer from the client on May 1, 2021. The contract will be ended on May 8, 2021. Today I submit the job file through Upwork Message after complete it.

Why? Why did you not submit it correctly via the "Submit for Payment" function?

Shoaib R wrote:

Will I receive payment?

You will get a message asking you to approve or dispute the return of the escrrow funds. If you believe that you did the work correctly and completely, dispute.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Shoaib R wrote:

I got an offer from the client on May 1, 2021. The contract will be ended on May 8, 2021. Today I submit the job file through Upwork Message after complete it.

Why? Why did you not submit it correctly via the "Submit for Payment" function?

Shoaib R wrote:

Will I receive payment?

You will get a message asking you to approve or dispute the return of the escrrow funds. If you believe that you did the work correctly and completely, dispute.

I'm a new member so I didn't know that. Also, I didn't see the "Submit for Payment" function anywhere. 

Shoaib R wrote:

I'm a new member so I didn't know that. Also, I didn't see the "Submit for Payment" function anywhere. 

Its on the contract for any fixed rate contract. Was it a fixed rate contract? Or an hourly one? If hourly, you get paid for all hours you properly tracked or logged.

Shoaib R wrote:

I'm a new member so I didn't know that

Maybe take some time to familiarise yourself with how Upwork works before taking on any more contracts.

It was a fixed rate contract.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members