Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Cheated With me.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
MD. SHIBBIR A Member Since: May 22, 2017
1 of 5

3-4 month's Ago, One Client Hired me for shopify product listing job. After finshing the job he gave me the payment. Then he told me to list "like 10" products without activating milestone. I asked him to activate milestone & he told me to keep trust on him. I trusted him, This time he paid me for that task. So i strongly trusted him.

After that, he asked me to do daily tasks & told me he will give me payment weekly. When payment reached to $50. I asked him to pay me. But he started motivating me to trust him. I thought he will not cheat me. When payment reached to $100. He told its 100$ for me now but for him its $1000. He told the reason that he had to run facebook ads for his products. He promised me he will give me payment from his profits on products. Payment reached to $150, he crossed the date of payment but not paid me. Everyday i started to ask him for money, Every time he apologized & told me he did not get the payment from stores. Then he stopped responding & did not pay the money till now. I massaged him on skype & facebook. He see all massages but not reply me.

Is there anything to do, so that i can get the payment. Can upwork cusomer manager's read the massages to ensure the issue, if i mention them the job contract? I mean, can i get any help from upwork on that issue?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

@MD. SHIBBIR A wrote:

Is there anything to do, so that i can get the payment.

No.

You decided to work without funded milestones.

That means you completely depend on the client wanting to pay you.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
MD. SHIBBIR A Member Since: May 22, 2017
3 of 5

I trusted him but he cheated. So its my fault that i worked without milestone. Will not do it ever.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 5

Hi MD,

I`m sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. To learn more how you`re protected on fixed price contracts check out this Help Article. Please keep in mind that our protections does not cover promised funds and unfunded milestones. I can advise you to always make sure that the agreed budget is fully funded in Escrow before accepting the offer. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
5 of 5

@MD. SHIBBIR A wrote:

3-4 month's Ago, One Client Hired me for shopify product listing job. After finshing the job he gave me the payment. Then he told me to list "like 10" products without activating milestone. I asked him to activate milestone & he told me to keep trust on him. I trusted him, This time he paid me for that task. So i strongly trusted him.

After that, he asked me to do daily tasks & told me he will give me payment weekly. When payment reached to $50. I asked him to pay me. But he started motivating me to trust him. I thought he will not cheat me. When payment reached to $100. He told its 100$ for me now but for him its $1000. He told the reason that he had to run facebook ads for his products. He promised me he will give me payment from his profits on products. Payment reached to $150, he crossed the date of payment but not paid me. Everyday i started to ask him for money, Every time he apologized & told me he did not get the payment from stores. Then he stopped responding & did not pay the money till now. I massaged him on skype & facebook. He see all massages but not reply me.

Is there anything to do, so that i can get the payment. Can upwork cusomer manager's read the massages to ensure the issue, if i mention them the job contract? I mean, can i get any help from upwork on that issue?

Your topic is headed "client cheated with me". While you likely phrased it that way due to English not being your first language, it is still somewhat ironic, because, yes, you did cheat "with" the client. You allowed him to cheat you out of your earnings. 

As many others here on upwork, you will have to chalk that up to your inexperience, naivite, or unprofessionalism, and move on. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS