🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Cheated on Me. (Direct Contract)
Page options
dhanasekaran1995
Community Member

Client Cheated on Me. (Direct Contract)

Hello, I have completed the work but the client didn't pay.

The client who is already worked through a service contract, I was planning to move a direct contract with the same client. Once the works are done I sent direct contact to the client however he didn't accept the contract (It worth $100) and there is no response from him.

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Dhanasekaran S wrote:

Hello, I have completed the work but the client didn't pay.

The client who is already worked through a service contract, I was planning to move a direct contract with the same client. Once the works are done I sent direct contact to the client however he didn't accept the contract (It worth $100) and there is no response from him.

So it is a client from outside Upwork who does not have an Upwork account? (Direct contracts can only be created with non-Upwork clients) So how is that an Upwork issue?

If you don't have an active contract, there is nothing that can be done.

The client has an Upwork account. I already working with him on 3 contracts. Is something can be done?

Dhanasekaran S wrote:

. Is something can be done?

You worked without a contract.

No, there is nothing anyone can do unless the client decides to pay you.

You still own the work because the client never paid for it, so the client should not use it.

Okay.

I have active contarct with him ($10). Is anything can do?

Already he accepted the contract ($10) and didnt accept when payment requested, so the money will released automatically. Is something can do with this contract.

Hi Dhanasekaran,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths