cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Cheating

namekhan
Khan R Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
1 of 4

Hi  i have worked with a person first he agree to pay me 60$ but when recive the file and than he is saying  i will pay you only 20 $ for this work.

We agree to work:

1 he will provide me 230 companies 

2 I have to search all companies and find the requried tite. for this job he will pay me 60$

Problem 

When i complete the task and give back him with 34 or 35 companies with not found he is saying 

ok then bye
we disagree
i found others who are better at finding the last 15% as you said. 

I can chalange he laying i aske him just provide me 3 conacts form the my not found companies he reply why i send your error. 

My  request .

Please send me notes. and request him to do not cheat with me. 

I am able to provide you all converstion bteween me and client. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

When the contract was set up, what is the FUNDED amount? That is all you can dispute.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
3 of 4

Khan - What he AGREED to pay you and what he ACTUALLY funded into escrow is

the difference on what you will receive. For example, if he agreed to pay you $100 and only funded 10 cents into escrow, that is what you will receive. And if he funded "just his words that he agreed to pay you, then that is what you will receive as payment, .... just his words.

If there's nothing funded in escrow, then you won't get paid anything and there's nothing Upwork can do for you. They can't force a client to pay, and if there's nothing in escrow there's nothing to release to you.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Khan,

I see you have already contacted customer support for assistance in this situation and your concern has been escalated. If you have any additional information or questions feel free to share them with the team via that ticket.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS