🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client Disappeared
Page options
feliciarcantu
Community Member

Client Disappeared

Hi, I’m a freelancer who accepted a job. I spoke in length with the client over a video chat and she had some things to collect before I could start. She had noted it would be ready in a 3 days. A week later she told me she needed a bit more time and that she would try to get me something by EOW. I never heard back so I sent a message to check in and it’s been a few days now without a response. What should I do as I don’t want to have this negatively impact me when it appears my client wasn’t prepared and now has ghosted me.
5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Felicia C wrote:
Hi, I’m a freelancer who accepted a job.

In future, don't accept a contract until you actually have what you need to complete the first milestone (if fixed rate) or to start trackig time (if hourly).

Felicia C wrote:
What should I do as I don’t want to have this negatively impact me when it appears my client wasn’t prepared and now has ghosted me.

You have several weeks bevor it would affect you, so no need to worry about it yet.

What do I do if I don’t hear back from her?

Felicia C wrote:
What do I do if I don’t hear back from her?

Is it a fixed rate or an hourly contract? The most important aspect is to get some payment. If it is a fixed rate contract, there will be a funded milestone. You could request $ 1 from that to compensate for all the time you spent on the whole thing. If hourly, you could log 10 minutes.

BUT - As I said, far too early to worry.

It was hourly, I haven’t done any work.

Felicia C wrote:
It was hourly, I haven’t done any work.

It won't affect you for 60 days from being hired. So you have time 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members