Page options
60bf1255
Community Member

Client Dispute On a Contract

Hi,

Hope you guys are doing well

I am new to upwork and got my first contract for UI UX design Dashboard 

The client has send me the hourly contract with 15hrs weekly limit 

I have worked for weeks and tried to bill according to the work done per hours but faced a issue of set per week limit of 15hrs max weekly so I only got billed some hours for that week and others are gone to red marks named as over billed so I covered them in next week the remaining one because the over limit hrs are not billed 

The clinet is disputing with me and not accepting that the over limit hrs are not billed they are just reflected in over limit and Since Started Section of timesheet 

I tried everything to make him realize that I have not billed unfair but he is saying that the over billed hrs are deducted and I have missued the contract 

I am attaching the snap for you guys to have a look 

Please help me what to do in this situation and how to deal with this kind of client ?

Can I get some support of upwork here ?

1 REPLY 1
spectralua
Community Member

Overlimit is free, client not must pay for. It was your fault.

Correct way:

Ask client to increase limit when limit reached. If rejected\ignored then stop works asap. Continue to work at next week.

So you will be paid only for 15 hours, next week disputed? I think Upwork accept dispute and won't pay you.

I understand whats happened but you not followed rules it this case. You need to agree with client, explain it in some way.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths