🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client Ended Contract
Page options
saeedsultani
Community Member

Client Ended Contract

Hi, I am New to upwork i don't have JSS but i have Rising Talent, A client Hired me on Hourly job after discussing project That was my 3rd job, before i was start the work i was needed some requirments to start the work the client told me i am preparing and will send tomorrow but when i saw on the next day the client ended contract with zero billing as i was not started the work yet.

Can It make a problem?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
joostdoevelaar
Community Member

Ask yourself the question: did you do any particular work for the client? The answer appears to be no.

While certainly not courteous or very professional on their part, they were within their right to end the contract. What would you base any possible problem/resolution on? 

Joost D wrote:

Ask yourself the question: did you do any particular work for the client? The answer appears to be no.

While certainly not courteous or very professional on their part, they were within their right to end the contract. What would you base any possible problem/resolution on? 

It is well known that a contract with no money paid will reflect badly on JSS. 

Martina P wrote:

What would you base any possible problem/resolution on? 

It is well known that a contract with no money paid will reflect badly on JSS. 

Usually, but not necessarily, if he still has his Rising Talent status a couple of days afterwards, it did not affect his metrics.

That's just Happend today, let see what happening to my rising Talent.

So how if the Rising talent removed, does it means i will unable to get JSS or will the JSS affected.

Thanks

mato0618
Community Member

Were you discussing the job requirements and what you needed from the client after you accepted the offer? On hourly jobs, any communication that I have with the client in messenger I record with the time tracker, and provide notes. Because at that point I'm working for the client.

So, if the conversation is longer than 10 minutes, the client closing the contract the next day does not have a negative JSS effect. 

That' Good Idea, Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members