🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client Ends the Contract
Page options
mishra_ravimohan
Community Member

Client Ends the Contract

Hello Upwork Team,

Currently, I am working on one project and complete the project 90%, I work according to the milestones with the client

The milestone of the project is below:

Milestones for the project.

1. Woocommerce theme set up for the project - 70 USD
2. Home page Designing completion - 80USD
3. Products page Designing completion - 100 USD
4. Website development with all features - 70USD
5. Final testing of finishing of the website with speed optimization before source code - 30 USD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total - 350USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The client already pays me 1st milestone of 70USD and 2nd milestone of 80USD and activates the 3 rd milestone. But yesterday the client suddenly ends my contract and request for refund of there already paid money to me that is the 1st milestone and 2nd milestone and also the escrow amount of 100USD.

So, if I did not respond to the client's request, then what happens please tell me.

Can Upwork automatically deduct the amount of 150USD from my Upwork account that is already paid by the client to me

2 REPLIES 2
mishra_ravimohan
Community Member

Hello Upwork team,

I work on one contract of the client and suddenly the client ends my contract and threatening me on the Upwork platform. He said that he knows Upwork staff members and they will report to them and Upwork will block or suspend your profile. So, I am really afraid please tell me is this really happened that the Upwork team will suspend my profile on the client's Useless request.

petra_r
Community Member

Ravimohan M wrote:

So, if I did not respond to the client's request, then what happens please tell me.

Dispute the request to return the Escrow funds and report the threats to Upwork. I wouldn't engage with that client except in the controlled environment of the dispute.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths