Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Feedback

romidaz
Romone S Member Since: Jun 4, 2017
1 of 5

Hi Everyone,

I have successfully completed a job and the client loves it! He is however new to upwork and does not know how to maneuver the website.

Payment was already approved by the client and I waited until I have actually received the payment in my account before I proceded to end the contract.

My question is; given that the customer is new to this platform, and I am pretty sure he does not know how to leave a feedback, would that affect me in any way? ie. my score or overall ratings?

I don't want to be instructing the customer how to leave a feedback because I feel it may come off negatively. 

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

You'll receive the lecture about always allowing the client to close the contract from others, so I'll skip that.

If you don't get feedback, then you won't receive the benefit of a positive evaluation. A pattern of no-feedback contracts can harm your JSS. So, don't make a habit of not getting feedback. Upwork should send a notice to the client that includes a link asking them to leave feedback, so you might get lucky. 

View solution in original post

tranvanhieu
Community Guru
Hieu T Member Since: Aug 11, 2017
3 of 5

Don't ever close the contract yourself, it will drop your JSS.

Hieu T
Vietnamese translator
mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
4 of 5

@Hieu T wrote:

Don't ever close the contract yourself, it will drop your JSS.

That's not entirely true. It can lower your JSS if you have a pattern of ended contracts without feedback. If you have a successfully closed job with client feedback and then you end a contract yourself, followed by another contract ended by the client with feedback your JSS will be fine. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
5 of 5

Romone, the piece that may or may not be clear from the various responses here is that for future reference, if you ask the client to close the contract, he will be prompted to leave feedback. You won't ever have to mention feedback or provide instructions to make that happen.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS