Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Feedback

romidaz
Romone S Member Since: Jun 4, 2017
1 of 2

Hi Team,

I have successfully completed a job and the client loves it! He is however new to upwork and does not know how to maneuver the website.

Payment was already approved by the client and I waited until I have actually received the payment in my account before I proceded to end the contract.

My question is; given that the customer is new to this platform, and I am pretty sure he does not know how to leave a feedback, would that affect me in any way? ie. my score or overall ratings?

I don't want to be instructing the customer how to leave a feedback because I feel it may come off negatively. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 2

@Romone S wrote:

1) Payment was already approved by the client and I waited until I have actually received the payment in my account before I proceded to end the contract.

2) My question is; given that the customer is new to this platform, and I am pretty sure he does not know how to leave a feedback, would that affect me in any way? ie. my score or overall ratings?

3) I don't want to be instructing the customer how to leave a feedback because I feel it may come off negatively. 

1) ALWAYS encourage the client to end the contract as it guarantees you feedback and avoids the icky checkmate situation in 3) you have now maneuvered yourself into.

2) One "No Feedback" contract out of your 20 is unlikely to have much, if any impact on your JSS, those only affect you if there is a significant percentage of them, or a pattern.

3) That's why you should let the client end the contract, as then the client doesn't have a choice but to leave feedback and you never even have to mention feedback to a client....  Too late now.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS