🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Fraud after creating the website
Page options
qaisarmughal
Community Member

Client Fraud after creating the website

Hi there, 

im a struggling for some suggestions. I am new here and work with few client big clients too. recently i got someone and he hired me for his work to create a simple wordpress minimalist templete website for his business in wordpress. I gave him 1 week timeframe. After 4 days i showed him the work. I used a temoplate for design and did some modifications and customization and also plugins configuration. When he reviewd the website he said he can do thast website in 1hour why you spend 4 days.. it is simple and i can do it my self. I did everyhting as per his need, i dont know why he said that. He said he can do it or hire someone in 20$ and can do that. To create a whole wordpress theme in $200 for me its a low budget i told him i will use a template and then we customize it he said ok. But i dont know he end the contract and ask for refund. I spent my time and did job and uploaded on his server now i dont have access and he delete everything from server or may be hide from me and he disappeared. So now im confuse. I generate a dispute on upwork , he said i use templete it is illegal. I said no i have invoice of all template i use in my development and it is cleared all before work. now he need refund and i know he owned the site now. What suggestion you people give me please?

Upwork will do in my faviuur or not?
Thanks
Regards,
Qaisar

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Qaisar, you don't need to explain your work to me or anyone else.

Don't take it personally.

The client probably would have said those things to anyone. He is just trying to weasel his way out of paying for work.

If his wife was medically unable to carry a child and he used a surrogate mother, when the child was born after a nine month pregnancy, he probably would have said he could the same thing in one hour, or he could have hired someone on Fiverr to do that for $20.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re:"What suggestion you people give me please?"

It sounds like the client you were working for is a bad client, and also a bad person.

The client's behavior was unprofessional, immoral, and unethical.

If the client hired you to do a task, and you did that task, then he needs to pay you as agreed.

You do not owe him a refund.

If the matter goes to dispute, you should understand this:

A dispute means that Upwork encourages a freelancer and client to come to an agreement. Upwork does not "decide" in anybody's favor in a dispute. Upwork can only encourage discussion.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Absolutely right sir!

You know people use theme from different places for wordpress customize it and make good business. Big companies hire person for custom themes and there budget is alot. This guy have $200 from that i will get $160 and he expect me to do whole CMS customization that wasnt the part of job. He said he website should be very easy and very very very simple, i said ok. But now he is not listening. He said he will tell upwok im using someone else Code and Soeone else property that was quite disgusting and make me feel bad that i am good person then he is still not listening to me. I said okay fine if you are not good give me 24 hours I will customize it and give me comments and review it I will do the job for you again. He said no… I enter dummy data and everything in website, even he didn’t give me anything. He just gave me a sample that’s all. And just saying this, ‘You are using someone else theme’ . I said it is commercially available and you never told me before I should not use a theme. I can create it for you, I could charge more… But he said no… and end the contract said, Upwok will block you. Im worried so much because this is not good. I worked with different clients and they gave me feedback too. The clients who spent $600K more on upwok giving me a awesome review. How can I be a liar and stole someone proerpty.

Is there anything that upwork never let me work on platform?
Upwork will action on my account?
In reality upwork should close his account, why because i have jobs done and current conracts there.
10 people saying im good and excellent one saying not, even he dont even spent a penny on upwork before...
I need your comments about it sir.
thanks
Regards,
Qaisar

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Qaisar, you don't need to explain your work to me or anyone else.

Don't take it personally.

The client probably would have said those things to anyone. He is just trying to weasel his way out of paying for work.

If his wife was medically unable to carry a child and he used a surrogate mother, when the child was born after a nine month pregnancy, he probably would have said he could the same thing in one hour, or he could have hired someone on Fiverr to do that for $20.

haha Thanks you are right. Thank you for support Sir

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members