🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client Gave me Negative Feedback and not ...
Page options
expendroid
Community Member

Client Gave me Negative Feedback and not pay my full amount

Hello There was a guy few months ago he left me bad review, even i complete his work and he just submited half of payment in ecrows and said he will do rest after completing my work. I already have 5.0 all reviews but because of him my profile is not looking good can any one help me with this.

**Edited for community guidelines**

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

The client did NOT give you a bad review.

You have 4 out of 5 stars, and nothing bad was said about you or your work.

4 out of 5 stars means you received almost the top-possible score on every single characteristic that clients are asked to judge you on, such as availability, skills, communication. That is a very good score.

I think if I sat down with you and asked about each characteristic individually, and asked if you really were PERFECT in that area, then if you were being honest, you would realize that you are not perfect in every one of these areas. Neither am I.

So the real problem here is that previous clients were giving you inflated scores.

prestonhunter
Community Member

According to your screenshot, the client released ALL MONEY in escrow to you: $60.00

There is also a budget amount of $120.

It looks like you - the freelancer - made a mistake.

The "budget" does not matter.

The only thing that matters for getting paid from fixed-price contracts is the amount of money in escrow.

If there was $60 funded in escrow, then that is how much you can expect to get paid. If you did a task for $60, and the client released the money to you, then it is over. There is no more money to dispute.

If you wanted to get more money, you would have needed to have the client set up a funded escrow payment for the additional money.

Never work on a fixed-price task unless the payment is funded in escrow.

Thankyou very much but look at his review,

Muhammad A wrote:

Thankyou very much but look at his review,

It says Httgjuybb. But the job description was "Hduehdb. I je jdndndn jtfc5 hhtfbjkn htfghiirfvju. Iytgju". So, Httgjuybb is probably a good review in his language. Cat Wink I tried translating from Klingon, but that didn't work. Cat Frustrated

Muhammad A wrote:

Hello There was a guy few months ago he left me bad review, even i complete his work and he just submited half of payment in ecrows and said he will do rest after completing my work. I already have 5.0 all reviews but because of him my profile is not looking good can any one help me with this.

Did he give you a reason why he didn't want you to complete the project? 

No he never replied me after that

tlbp
Community Member

As a freelancer, it is important that you be aware and accept the fact that you cannot control the decisions that your client makes. A client may cancel a project midway and they can leave bad, neutral or even terrible reviews. You can't change their behavior.

What you can do is learn how the payment and scoring systems on Upwork work and make sure that you do everything you can to ensure a good outcome and that you get paid.  There is a pinned post in the New to Upwork section of the forum which will guide you through much of what you need to know. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths