🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Ghosting Me
Page options
bonroote
Community Member

Client Ghosting Me

So I recently had a client that I built a huge website for. The ticket was build a site with home, about, contact, subscription (email), privacy policy, blog and 12 subpages with iframes using cPanel. If anyone knows cPanel, they know web builder is a joke. So client said they had shared hosting (wordpress/godaddy). So I built this site on godaddy. Now i don't have access to their namecheap/cPanel where their domain name is etc. and client is having an issue figuring out how to move said site. In the process of their struggle, they have "ghosted" me without accepting my payment submission. It was a lot of work. I don't want to walk away from this. I've asked them time and again, "How can I help?" "Can I assist finding a resolution?" Nothing. The escrow is funded. But...what do I do now? Is there a chance I'm not going to get paid for this? I put all other work on hold to get it done in a week working 16 hour days and doing everything they asked.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

JJ A wrote:

It's fixed-price. Does that affect anything? Will I still get paid in 14 days if they just don't answer?

You only request milestone approval if it's fixed price. And yes, unless Upwork changed things and didn't notify us, client has 14 days to approve a milestone or request changes, but if they do neither, it's automatically approved. HOWEVER, request approval just once, don't do it again within the next two weeks, because it's 14 days following the last milestone approval request.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
yitwail
Community Member

JJ, that’s tough. If I were you, I’d request milestone approval. Then, if the client ignores it, you’ll get paid in 14 days. Also, if you haven’t already, suggest to the client that they contact Godaddy support. Changing DNS servers is something they should be able to help with. Good luck

It's fixed-price. Does that affect anything? Will I still get paid in 14 days if they just don't answer?

yitwail
Community Member

JJ A wrote:

You only request milestone approval if it's fixed price. And yes, unless Upwork changed things and didn't notify us, client has 14 days to approve a milestone or request changes, but if they do neither, it's automatically approved. HOWEVER, request approval just once, don't do it again within the next two weeks, because it's 14 days following the last milestone approval request.

Okay. I already requested approval for my fixed-price payment. I will wait two weeks. Thank you very much. I've been so stressed over it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members