🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client Got a Refund - why?
Page options
mariayako
Community Member

Client Got a Refund - why?

Hi!
I completed a job. Everything is done up to the point. Everything is on Upwork, though the client tried to do it somewhere else. I was waiting for the money to come, but a got a refund notice. Why? How could he get that?  He got the test report, it is attached in our messages. I met the deadlines. The client did not want to pay (even though the price and work was agreed beforehand - it' s all on Upwork!), but your administrator told it did not matter, if I put the hours on Upwork, which I did. What's wrong?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maria Y wrote:

The client ended it on June 29th. I assumed he got me paid as there was a notice saying I earned the money on my page, I even left the client a not negative review, though I guess he deserves it (
It means the client did not pay, did he? Great. All for nothing. Can anything be done?

The client's payment method declined repeatedly... Unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done unless the client appears again, which is unlikely.

Had you just used the tracker to track your time, you'd have been covered and Upwork would have paid you out of their own pocket.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Maria Y wrote:

Hi!
I completed a job. Everything is done up to the point. Everything is on Upwork, though the client tried to do it somewhere else. I was waiting for the money to come, but a got a refund notice. Why? 

The client failed to pay for your work and your hours were not logged according to the terms of the hourly protection (tracked with the tracker, with meaningful work memos, decent activity levels etc) so Upwork is not paying you from their own pocket.

It's not so much a refund as a reversal of funds that were never paid in the first place. Presumably the contract was put on hold last week?

The client ended it on June 29th. I assumed he got me paid as there was a notice saying I earned the money on my page, I even left the client a not negative review, though I guess he deserves it (
It means the client did not pay, did he? Great. All for nothing. Can anything be done?

Maria Y wrote:

The client's payment method declined repeatedly... Unfortunately there isn't anything that can be done unless the client appears again, which is unlikely.

Had you just used the tracker to track your time, you'd have been covered and Upwork would have paid you out of their own pocket.

I see. That's really upsetting.
Still thanks for your answer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths