cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Hiring Rate

Highlighted
Janardan i Member Since: Sep 19, 2015
1 of 3

Job posting ratio looks very declined than compared to before in Upwork.

Another strange thing is that if a client post a job for eg. at 10:00 am and we apply for that job at 10:02 am it shows client has hired another freelancer within 2 minutes.

Kindly help us know why is hiring rate to us as well job posting declined in Upwork as we are freelancers in Upwork since 7 years and more and have work for several Upwork clients in Data Entry, Data Extraction, Data Mining and Web Research jobs and are fully experienced in our field yet client is not preferring us fit even for a simple Web Research Job.

Vishal Iyer

India

Ace Contributor
Joseph O Member Since: Jun 2, 2018
2 of 3

I've applied to 8 jobs within the space of 14 days and I got hired in just one of the jobs in less than 10 minutes. while the remaining 7 are just idle, with clients not interviewing nor hiring anybody; and it sucks to see that clients will just create a job post with no further actions taken afterwards.

My conclusion is that if a client doesn't interview anyone three hours after posting the job, the probability of a client conducting an interview let alone hiring a freelancer is below 0.10.  

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

Joseph O wrote:

My conclusion is that if a client doesn't interview anyone three hours after posting the job, the probability of a client conducting an interview let alone hiring a freelancer is below 0.10.  

You base your statement on a sample of 8 jobs?

For what it's worth, I've had offers weeks after, and most jobs do not hire within 3 hours. That's just the rush jobs.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS