cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client History Problem-Disgusting Remarks in History

Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
11 of 15

I've just checked that freelancer's profile as well: not trustworthy (imho). Probably, it's just a feedback estortion gone wrong. Curiously, some of her clients decided to hide her feedbacks... maybe this is not her first time (just guessing)? 

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
12 of 15

When I was new to the site, I received invites from 3 job posters who wanted me to do sleazy stuff on camera (either I show my body or they show theirs). I did not report the first two because I was laughling my head off (they didn't have 'assets') but I was able to report the last one.

Sadly, these people are here preying on new freelancers and some of them prey on female freelancers from a specific region. If I remember correctly, the first guy is into asian women, the second guy just wants to show the world what he's got, and the third guy is into some sort of fetish wherein he's the boss and non-white women are slaves - that's his own words (racial s-word play).

There are plenty of pervs in this site and they often victimise asian freelancers. You guys should see what female freelancers from the Philippines have encountered in one of the FB oDesk groups. They don't bother reporting because they think that the site will side with the client and reporting pervs will get them in trouble. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Mattia G Member Since: Mar 10, 2014
13 of 15

Hi Dianne, I must admit I was totally unaware of the situation... I guess I have to blame myself for being the optimistic kind of guy... Smiley Frustrated

“Go then, there are other worlds than these.”
―Stephen King, The Gunslinger
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
14 of 15

Hi Mattia,

It's really sad but when I reported one such client to oDesk, they asked for screenshot (my 4th encounter with a perv). My report says the client was interviewing me normally and all of a sudden he stood up and showed his peewee on camera. The oDesk agent said that in order for them to take action, I need to provide a screenshot of this specific thing. Who in her right mind would take a screenshot when something like that happens? 

I was so disgusted that I simply closed skype and reported the person. Now it seems I have to record the client doing certain acts in order for the report to be taken seriously. Grrr support. Btw, this is an established client with plenty of hires, all females. I hate to think what they could really be working on with him.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 15

Hi Jean,

I will make sure the client's account as well as the feedback are checked for any voilations. I am sorry this situation as well as your previous experience with oDesk Support caused you some frustration.

And thank you all who participated in the conversation. This feedback is very important and I will share it with the Team, which is currently working hard on improving the ways to identify and handle such severe violations as were discussed here.

Also, some content has been edited out as adult in nature.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS