🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client I am messaging with wants me to submit...
Page options
hopperraine
Community Member

Client I am messaging with wants me to submit invoice for custom project different than listing

I submitted proposal for a job, started messaging with the company. We talked on the phone and decided to make a video (their job post was for photos, so I assume they will award the contract to someone that will do what they listed). 

We agreed to terms for the video, how can I submit an invoice to them? 50% down, 50% at completion.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
dzadza
Community Member

you tell them to hire you for the job. if it's a fixed price, you make sure milestone is funded BEFORE you start working on the video

. if they don't hire you through UW - you can't get paid - so don't start working until you're hired.

Hi Hopper. Upwork operates an escrow system.  So the client pays the full price of the job (or one milestone) into escrow up front and then releases the money from escrow to you when the job (or milestone) is completed. You should not ask to receive any payment up front. The escrow is supposed to provide your security (but be aware that it has its limitations). You could split the job into two milestones,  and receive half the amount after doing half the work. 

thank you!

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members