Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Identifications Please

financemark
Community Guru
Mark K Member Since: Jul 7, 2016
1 of 5

Hi All.

I searched for this in community discussions but no could find. 

Has the idea of required Clients to identify themselves been discussed - or implemented?

Thank you,

MK

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

@Mark K wrote:

Has the idea of required Clients to identify themselves been discussed - or implemented?

Discussed: Ad nauseam

Implemented: No

Because when clients' names / company names were still visible in Job Posts clients were instantly drowning in emails, phone calls, facebook messages, faxes and rightly got very quickly very p*ss*d off with hundreds of "Me Expart Me Hire Sir" approaches outside the platform.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

Petra is right.

Upwork previously provided MORE information about clients than they do now.

But they have limited information as a service to Upwork's paying customers: the clients.

If you are a freelancer, you are a partner with Upwork in earning money from clients. You are not Upwork's target customer.

Providing additional information about clients doesn't provide a service to Upwork's customers. And it isn't necessary for freelancers.

financemark
Community Guru
Mark K Member Since: Jul 7, 2016
4 of 5

Makes sense - thank you. 

Although a location/country verification would be nice -- yikes, I opened a can huh?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 5

Hi Mark, 

You should be able to see where the client is located by checking the About the Client section, on the right-hand side section of the job post. 

Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 12.48.10 PM.png

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS