🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Interaction Etiquette/Best Practice
Page options
e47e63cc
Community Member

Client Interaction Etiquette/Best Practice

I've submitted an application and have been interviewed by a possible client 2 days ago.
I can see that the said client is online right now. I wasn't given an exact date of when they will inform me of the status of my application.

Will it appear that I'm being too impatient regarding my application or is it totally okay if I message them and ask for an update at this point?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

Julian Carlo B wrote:

I've submitted an application and have been interviewed by a possible client 2 days ago.
I can see that the said client is online right now. I wasn't given an exact date of when they will inform me of the status of my application.

Will it appear that I'm being too impatient regarding my application or is it totally okay if I message them and ask for an update at this point?

Thanks

They maybe ghosted you. Keep bidding.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Julian:

The client knows where to find you if he wants to hire you.

The client is not expecting you to contact him to ask about the status of the project or to ask about where his thinking currently is when it comes to hiring you or not.

You have nothing to gain by thinking about this project or contacting the client right now.

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with the other responses and say that I usually send follow-up messages to clients after a few days, to thank them for the interview and see if they'd like any additional information. But i wouldn't use any language implying that I was stalking them and wished that they'd hurry up and make a decision (regardless of how true that might be).

Yeah, I agree with Christine when it comes to projects I either have had a call with the potential client to discuss, we exchanged multiple emails or, in some cases, if the client invited me to submit a proposal on their project.

My message is short and sweet, along the lines of "Hi, XXX. Just checking in. Would you like to have a call to discuss your project further or can I provide you with any additonal information?" And that's the last time I contact them unless they respond, which some have.

I do not do this sort of follow-up on unsolicited proposal I have submitted to clients I don't already know.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths