🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Lied about Project. Is there anything ...
Page options
kire_t
Community Member

Client Lied about Project. Is there anything I can do?

Hi everyone, I recently completed a job for a client and sent her all of the deliverables the day she asked for them so she could print her designs. I am checking my reviews today and I see a 1.36 review from her and I am dumbfounded. She said I charged her for work I "did not" do which is false as we went over all of the hours together before I closed the contract. This client was unresponsive througout the latter half of the project, but whenever she asked for something, often sooner than she had to ask me, I sent her everything, but she took the time to write a false, lengthy report. Is there anything I can do to get this removed. I have completed several projects recently, but not sure I completed enough of them to get her comment removed. 

If you checked my usual ratings, you will see that I typically get 4 stars + on projects with the exception 3 reviews, one including this one and another from a client who had a similar communication style as far as not responding for weeks at a time to changes. I am a frequent communicator because I want to avoid situations like this, and also because it makes it very easy for me to tell if it was me who was off or not. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Kire T wrote:

I requested to have one removed Nov 24 and they didn't remove it until Nov 30. On that timeline, when is the earliest I can request removal?

That rather depends on whether this latest outcome will drop you below 90%. You're on 90% now, so any drop at all will take you below the 90% mark, which will mean you lose your top rated status and the perk.

I just saw that the poor feedback was in January, so is already calculated into your JSS. You should be able to exclude the contract 3 months after you last requested to use your perk.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dataextract
Community Member

As a top rated freelancer, if you are yet to utilize this in the last 3 months, you may contact Upwork to remove that feedback. 

More details : 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

I requested to have one removed Nov 24 and they didn't remove it until Nov 30. On that timeline, when is the earliest I can request removal?

petra_r
Community Member

Kire T wrote:

That rather depends on whether this latest outcome will drop you below 90%. You're on 90% now, so any drop at all will take you below the 90% mark, which will mean you lose your top rated status and the perk.

I just saw that the poor feedback was in January, so is already calculated into your JSS. You should be able to exclude the contract 3 months after you last requested to use your perk.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths