🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Misbehavior
Page options
theladyblogger
Community Member

Client Misbehavior

Hello again Upwork team. Hope everyone is doing great.

May I ask where to report a swearing client?

I've been working online for 10+years already and If I may say, this is the worst client I've ever had. He hired me for his Etsy shop which cost 3 digit in dollars -upwork fee I know it's too low to accept but because of the pandemic I still accept it trying to get a few bucks so I can earn more. I worked for him for 5 days without proper training when he told me that he will train me. .So many missing documents and  I need to ask and and ask everyday until now it's Friday already 2 documents were still missing.. I have to handle 2 shops and I can only do one because of this... now, I thought that the listing that he wants me to upload goes for the 2 shops, because again, no proper training no clear instructions, no whatever.and then now when the payment day came which is now, he told me how pathetic my work was and cursed me which I know I can't upload here but any mod can pm me for this. the removed message on my screenshot is the curse word because he knows that I willl report him. I'm a believer that everything is workable in a workplace when you have good communication and in this case, its so hard! I even send him EOD report everyday just to tell me all this stuff on the payment day?...plus the fact that we are just working for 5 days and there are no complete documents which is his fault I am assuming that he will be considerate. I don't know what I do to him to deserve an F word which is too degrading. As I've said we or I can always make changes and we can work it out but I don't deserve any of his words so I decided to cancel the contract without asking him a single cent wisihing him goodluck hoping that there's no other people will be victimized by this him ever again. 

Can this affect my score or anything?

Note:

I already sent the screenshot to Sir Goran. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Hannah Raissa M wrote:

I decided to cancel the contract without asking him a single cent

Yes, it will tank your Job Success Score, which is already very low. There are two things that really hurt your Job Success Score: Poor private feedback and contracts with zero earnings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
836408d7
Community Member

Firstly, if you've already sent a screenshot to Goran, then you've reported it already.

Secondly, and more importantly; Why on earth did you cancel the contract? You've just shown the client that all he has to do in future, is treat freelancers like dirt, they'll fold and he'll get the work done for free of charge. You've rewarded his shocking behaviour by working for free.

You are right but when keeps on asking me trying to turn it around, I just got mad. but you're totally right. Lesson learned here and move on. I respect and appreciate your words Sir. Thank you

petra_r
Community Member

Hannah Raissa M wrote:

I decided to cancel the contract without asking him a single cent

Yes, it will tank your Job Success Score, which is already very low. There are two things that really hurt your Job Success Score: Poor private feedback and contracts with zero earnings.

Thanks but I think it's better that way than to have a client like that who cursed workers 🙂 I ended the contract without getting anything from him a single cent and  if that affects my score then it's okay at the end of the day I can still sleep well at night I hope there's a way to report this kind of behavior and I believe Upwork will not tolerate it isn't it? I don't see anything that could validate his actions/ wordsto be honest 😉 all I think about is that maybe he didn't want to pay. but again, I wish him well.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members