🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Not Responding to a question before ac...
Page options
sak9279
Community Member

Client Not Responding to a question before accepting offer

Hi there,

So I got an offer from a client for a project, that has been divided into milestones, so my offer is now for the first milestone. Couple of questions:

1. The client needs screenshots of the work done, but has not mentioned how to submit this. Upon messaging to the offer, there is no response. How do I proceed? I don't want to accept the offer too late as this is my first contract and it will affect my response time. 

2. Once I finish the first milestone, does the client have an option to remove me if they don't need my services anymore? Or from the client and my end, we are obliged to continue for all parts of the milestone. 

3. For milestone projects like this, how does one use the work diary?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Sakshi, if you have not even been hired yet, then you have no client.

A prospective client, perhaps, but nothing more.

You do not owe that person anything.

The client who posted the job does not owe you anything. She is not obligated to respond to your questions. She may be busy working on the project with freelancers who she hired.

If you HAVE been hired, then the client is still not obligated to respond to your questions. Send files using the Submit Work and Request Payment button.

If the client does absolutely nothing, then all of the money in escrow will be released to you AUTOMATICALLY.

re: "Once I finish the first milestone, does the client have an option to remove me if they don't need my services anymore?"

Yes.

re: "Or from the client and my end, we are obliged to continue for all parts of the milestone."

You may quit at any time.

re: "For milestone projects like this, how does one use the work diary?"

There is a preferences option in the desktop time-tracker tool that lets you use it for fixed-price contracts. It is extremely rare for freelancers to do so.

If a client is setting up a fixed-price contract but asking you to use the time-tracker, then you need to be very careful. Talk to us about the details. This isn't normal. Such a client might be up to something untoward.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members