🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client Payment Method approved and after ...
Page options
92a02f35
Community Member

Client Payment Method approved and after work start still fraud client

Hello,

One of the clients whose payment method is already approved, who has been hired, and also past history of work. He made a payment as a bonus of $250 to purchase domain services for the website after purchasing the domain and giving to a client are suspended by Upwork. A client also changes domain account details and I make payment behalf of client for domain and upwork refund client payment. how can I revert from this? Does upwork really not verify before the client adds the amount to the freelancer account?

7 REPLIES 7
759e32fa

Hi Dhara,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like our team reached out to you regarding this. The work instructed by the client is against our ToS hence, action was taken against their account. Please check the support ticket sent by our team for more information. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
silhitaniya
Community Member

The same issue happens to me. I purchase domain for client and when he get all the domain details, he stop responding and yesterday upwork refunded money to client. How we can get our money from client which we spent on him? Upwork should review this and take necessary action

Hi Taniya,

I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
spectralua
Community Member

Never buy anything for client for own cost! Upwork unable to help with this. Also this is rules violation.

silhitaniya
Community Member

But I only purchased when client sent the payment in advance but yesterday I saw that amount has been refunded to client by upwork. 

spectralua
Community Member

Yep. It was your fault. You should remote to client PC, make order for payment then ask client to enter payment details. Or client can prowide to you cc\paypal info to enter it. Thats all. Domain (hosting, other) must be registered to client name with client payment.

In this case you will lose only your time if something wrong.

yofazza
Community Member

Does upwork really not verify

It's verified, but it's a stolen card so the real owner filed a chargeback when he/she saw an unrecognized transaction. Upwork doesn't have the money.

To continue talking about this will (currently) take us nowhere.

Know the Scams

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members