cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Payment method is not verified

Zanoobia M Member Since: Oct 6, 2015
1 of 13

Hello,

I am confusing actually I got hired by a client and his's payment method is not verified yet but he hired me on hourly basis and contract has been started and I am running time on team room software so I just want to know will I got paid ? Because upwork gives guarantee of payment on hourly jobs so I got hired on hourly basis job but my clien't payment method is not verified still I got paid ?

Please response.

Thanks

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 13

Generally a client cannot hire you on an hourly basis without having a verified payment method. Is the contract showing as "active" in your "My Jobs" tab? Are you getting any warnings? Where do you see the payment method as "not verified?"

3 of 13

Hello Petra,

Yes I can see the contract is active in my jobs tab. When I open job listing from my husband's upwork account I can see on the job listing there is mentioned payment not verified but contact is still active and I am working for him and I already worked around 10 hours for him and upwork calulated amount of 10 hours under the my jobs tab. Should I worry about my payment ?

No I can't see any warning / message on my account everything is ok with active work contract and payment is calculating under my jobs tab.

Just getting worried about the payment. Any idea ?

Community Guru
4 of 13

First of all you should never be in your husband's account, ever, under any circumstances. It is not your account. It is nothing to do with you, and can lead to serious problems for both your husband and yourself. Neither of you are allowed to access each other's accounts.

That said, I would contact Support just to 100% clarify that all is well with the client's payment method.

GENERALLY as long as the contract is active and there are no warning messages your payment is safe. Make sure you use the tracker correctly and always enter a meaningful work memo, have only work related screenshots and good activity levels.

That way you should be covered by the guarantee either way.

5 of 13

Sorry to say but Perta I think you do not understand me. I am not using my husband's account even we are not using accounts of each other. If I am already been hired by a client so how is it possible to view job post ? I dont think if I am already been hired then I can see the job post because I already been hired so I just open that job post with my husband's laptop just to see the job post which I hired for and I can see on that job post there is mentioned payment method is not verified..

Hope you understand my question. Anyway thanks for your answer.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 13

Zan, Petra was being helpful and polite.

Let me be more blunt.

Upwork absolutely hates the idea of anybody using or looking at someone else's account.

Upwork has very aggressive techniques for detecting people who violate this rule.

To be safe, and avoid having your account terminated, you should have completely separate accounts on a local computer, or only use separate computers.

You and your husband should both change your login passwords for your Upwork and local computer accounts, and never tell each other those passwords.

You should never again look at your husband's account, and he should never look at yours.

You must never work as a contractor for your husband as an Upwork client, or work for any close family member. Not even a cousin. You must never act as a client and hire your husband or family member. Upwork may terminate you account and confiscate your funds if you do so.

You should never again mention your husband or any family member who has an Upwork account when you post here in the forum, or when you talk to customer service or clients.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 13

Hi Zanoobia,

I have checked your account and it doesn't look like you currently have or recently had an active hourly contract. Please, make sure the client sends you an offer and you accept it before you start working. 

The points Petra and Preston are very important. Never share your login details with anybody or log into other users' accounts. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
8 of 13

@Valeria K wrote:

I have checked your account and it doesn't look like you currently have or recently had an active hourly contract. Please, make sure the client sends you an offer and you accept it before you start working.

That is very strange indeed, Val...

She said, when I specifically asked:

"I am working for him and I already worked around 10 hours for him and upwork calulated amount of 10 hours under the my jobs tab. Should I worry about my payment ?

No I can't see any warning / message on my account everything is ok with active work contract and payment is calculating under my jobs tab."

Maybe she was hired and logging time in her husband's account? If you can not see an active hourly contract, how come she can? Unless it's on a different account ....

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
9 of 13

What Valeria reported doesn't strike me as strange or surprising at all.

The original poster is a well-meaning person who is not fully aware of how things work and what the rules are. Her description and terminology is not completely accurate, either due to inexperience or a desire to gloss over certain irregularities. That's fine. I am certain she has learned a lot from this and other threads and will be able to get her work situation straightened out.

Community Guru
10 of 13

Preston, especially someone inexperienced would not imagine running the tracker, seeing hours being added up and  billed and  seeing hours being tracked under her "My Jobs" tab.

If they are not in the account the OP posted from the OP must have been looking at a different tracker and a different My Jobs tab

Under the account she posted from the OP tracked a grand total of 1  single 10 minute segment on one contract back in June/July.  She can't be seeing 10 hours logged or tracked in her My Jobs tab on THIS account, and doesn't have the experience to just "imagine" it or mistake anything else for it.

Quite simple.

Furtermore "her" feedback calls "her" "Ahmad" and "him"

I rest my case.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS