🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Project
Page options
7bff0485
Community Member

Client Project

I bid on a new project, during this interviewing phase the client brought up two questions:

1. Would I consider working longer term with them on the project if they extend it?

2. Would I consider a different payment option? For example, would I consider talking with them about a percentage based on completed units of work?

I find it a little challenging finding articles that talk to these two specific topics. Would appreciate either direction where to find articles specific to these questions OR a response with the answers. 

Also, how does a freelancer verify or validate the client with the project. They can find information on us, how do we find information on them that shows they are legitimate?? I'm sure my person is, but I very surprised this doesn't go both ways. 

Thank you 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
fe9b8d82
Community Member

1. If you enjoy working with the client, absolutely you should consider working longer with them.

2. Absolutely not.  They pay you through Upwork for your completed work, at your agreed upon rate, or at your agreed upon milestones (which the client needs to have funded first).

Any client who starts talking to me about "different payment options" is a huge red flag.  If they like your work they can pay you by project, by milestone, or hourly, via Upwork.  The only "percentage based on a completed unit of work" I'd consider is the percentage of $$$ paid to me by Upwork after I complete work for the client.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
spectralua
Community Member

You not need validate the client. Follow ToS: accept contract, proceed works, get paid. Thats all.

fe9b8d82
Community Member

1. If you enjoy working with the client, absolutely you should consider working longer with them.

2. Absolutely not.  They pay you through Upwork for your completed work, at your agreed upon rate, or at your agreed upon milestones (which the client needs to have funded first).

Any client who starts talking to me about "different payment options" is a huge red flag.  If they like your work they can pay you by project, by milestone, or hourly, via Upwork.  The only "percentage based on a completed unit of work" I'd consider is the percentage of $$$ paid to me by Upwork after I complete work for the client.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members