🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Refuse to pay for me
Page options
amrkamal2018
Community Member

Client Refuse to pay for me

Hello .. I have a problem .. There is a client who does not want to pay in the middle of the contract and does not want to close it either .. I do not know what to do. He says that he hired another person and I do not know why and at the same time he tells me that he does not have the money to pay me .. What should I do? I do ?

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amr,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. For future reference, please make sure to start working on a Milestone only after it has been funded for the appropriate amount. I would suggest trying to contact your client again before taking any action on the contract since there might be a valid reason for a user not to be able to respond. You can remind them of the details that you both discussed during the negotiation of the project. You may copy-paste some of the important terms you have where they agreed or send a screenshot of your conversation.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
kinector
Community Member

Amr, I fail to see the problem here.

The client didn't like your work for whatever reason and obviously doesn't want you to continue.

Your description does not mention whether or not you completed the work in a way that the client was happy about it. If yes, Bojan's advice on working on only funded milestones is valid. (You're not mentioning about refund so that's not the case here.)

If not, there's nothing to do. It's time for reflection on what went wrong and what you can do better in the future. Give appropriate feedback when closing the contract. Better to double check once more so that the closing doesn't come as a surprise.

Upwork ToS doesn't allow clients to ask for free work. If this is what you're experiencing, you'd better press the Report button.

The world is full of wishful thinkers and forever-optimists who have no clue about what they're even trying to do, not speaking of how it should be done Some of them seem to think 'free' in 'freelancer' means you don't need to pay them. 🤣

All we can do is screen our clients throughly before accepting offers. Understanding the client's business problem helps, solving it usually bringa the dollars.

So, don't worry about it. Move on.
petra_r
Community Member

Amr K wrote:

Hello .. I have a problem .. There is a client who does not want to pay in the middle of the contract and does not want to close it either 

Hourly or fixed rate? It isn't easy for clients to not pay if the freelancer does everything right.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members