🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Refusing to pay full amount of a miles...
Page options
maliksadia91
Community Member

Client Refusing to pay full amount of a milestone

Hi!

I have a fixed ongoing project. It's about finding 300 emails in a week and the verifying emails. I've submitted the first milestone with 300 verified emails and he approved that. But he is now refusing to pay the 2nd milestone in full he is willing to pay only half and also want more 200 emails in the half of price.

Also, he asked for my personal phone number which is a very private matter. So I told him that I can't give him my personal phone number because I don't feel safe. I live in a different country with my husband and a 5years old son. So I'm not comfortable sharing my personal information. I told him to talk on skype but he wants my phone number. 

And now he is threatening that give him total 500 emails at half cost otherwise he'll end the contract and will file a dispute about me. 

I'm so disappointed. Can someone help me with this?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

This client is threatening to end the contract?

That is meaningless.

The client has already ended things by his behavior.

You have been paid for the first milestone.

The client is not willing to pay your fee for the next milestone.

Do NOT do any more work unless the client funds a milestone for the amount you require.

Do not argue with the client. Do not negotiate with the client.

ONLY explain what your fee is for the next task. If the client finds the full amount, then do the work. If the client does not do so, then do no work. Only repeat in a single sentence what your fee is for the specific task.

Remember: Thr client does not set your price. You do.

Furthermore, you have already informed the client that providing your phone number is not a service that you provide. Just like playing the harp is not a service that I provide. So I advise you to IGNORE any questions or statements about your phone number. The client is not senile. He knows what you told him about that. There is no need to ever mention this topic again.

NikolaS

Hi Humyra,

I am sorry to hear about this. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the client's request for your phone number? If possible please include the screenshots of the conversation with this client. I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members