🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client Rehires Due To Great Work, Refuses...
Page options
kmr09c
Community Member

Client Rehires Due To Great Work, Refuses to Leave Public Feedback

Hi, 

I have a client whose project I successfully completed and closed as they stated there was no additional work. A few days after closing the project they had a change of direction, and the client re-hired me. I was super excited to work with them again and for the opportunity. They provided great feedback privately, stated that they rehired me due to the quality of my work, however when asked to leave a public review on the first/original contract stated they "only leave negative reviews, and will not leave a review unless its negative". What to do? It was a large project and this feedback would be great for future clients. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kmr09c
Community Member

Client re-hired me and decided to leave good feedback after our conversation. He did not realize that Upwork operates on Feedback and will now make an effort to leave feedback on all contracts, regardless of outcome. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ericaandrews
Community Member

There's not much you can do because you can't make a client leave any type of feedback, and if you close the contract, they are sure going to leave negative feedback just to be petty and tank your JSS.  I personally look through client profiles (before working with them) and try to avoid clients that have lots of past jobs where they didn't bother to leave feedback or clients that "only leave negative reviews, and will not leave a review unless its negative".   I've seen client profiles that look like that "No feedback left" x 30, followed by random 1 star review and a client ranting and calling a freelancer 'incompetent'...then "No feedback left" x 30, followed by 2 mean reviews with low stars.   Maybe it's me, but there's usually something wrong with a person that only reports 'negative' stuff and doesn't have enough professional courtesty to acknowledge when people actually do a good job.  If they can take the time to whine, they can take the time to type a kind word.   I just try to avoid clients whose profiles look like that, personally because they are usually 'problematic' to say the least

virtualbrix
Community Member

Hmm. That is odd, It happens. I would just leave it alone honestly. Just do a great job and keep moving forward.

elyannie
Community Member

If you've already asked them to leave a review and they didn't review you, that's ok, it's not required for them to review you and every client you work with won't leave you a public review. But I'd be cautious working with someone that stated that comment about only leaving negative reviews. If that's true, then you probably don't want a review from this one. I would not ask them again, lol. 

I was thinking the same, basically, any hickup in the future, he may.....

kmr09c
Community Member

When I looked at their client history they've actually never left any feedback, so there was nothing alarming about the client, thankfully, just no reviews. I guess they haven't felt the need to leave a negative review. 

jaycrutcher
Community Member

At this point you'll just have to settle for taking money as fair compensation. If you were to back out they would probably leave negative feedback.

kmr09c
Community Member

Client re-hired me and decided to leave good feedback after our conversation. He did not realize that Upwork operates on Feedback and will now make an effort to leave feedback on all contracts, regardless of outcome. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

The client can't leave private feedback without leaving public feedback. Someone is confused here. You said the contract is ended, so feedback was left. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members