🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Request to close the project but not r...
Page options
farhad-deilami
Community Member

Client Request to close the project but not responding anymore

The client messaged me before creating the next milestone as they have change their business model and they want to stop continuing working on he project. 
There is no milestone created and im happy to close the project but they are not responding anymore to close the contact.

I dont want to close the contract from my side because i dont want it to effect my Job Success rate.

Could you please guide me on the best solution ? the project owner is happy to close as you will see in the chat and im happy to close but im just worried about job rate success .

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client request to close the project but not responding anymore"

Clients are not obligated to respond to freelancers.

re: "The client messaged me before creating the next milestone as they have change their business model and they want to stop continuing working on he project. There is no milestone created and I'm happy to close the project but they are not responding anymore to close the contact."

The client does not need to close the contract.

The client does not need to respond to you.

Just close the contract yourself.

re: "I dont want to close the contract from my side because i dont want it to effect my Job Success rate."

Just close the contract. In years past we were worried about freelancers closing a contract. We were worried that would diminish JSS, if we had contracts with no feedback. That is not a concern now.

Contracts closed without client feedback will not lower JSS.

Hi there, 

In case of experiencing same issue, as a freelancer, when i want to close a contract i've been asked to leave a review. Is this same on the client side? is upwork ask the client for feedback? I am worried because the client acting weirdly in the last meeting and have no idea what would be his feedback. I say weird as I completed all the works and feedbacks he asked and just before the completion he asked for closing the contract and then stop responding to my messages. I would appreciate your advice to keep my Job success rate and 5* feedbacks rate.

Thanks

Yes. It is the same on the client side. If the freelancer closes a contract, he is asked to leave a review. If a client closes a contract, she is asked to leave a review.

If a freelancer closes a contract, the client may never leave a review. She might leave a review. She might not.

But I want some feedback which I've done the job successfully from the client. If Close the contract so no longer or no chance to get the feedback from client? is that the case? So leaving the contract open without any work is that harm JSS ? So what the option to choose while this situation for freelancer?

Thanks

If the freelancer closes the contract the client has two weeks to leave feedback - you might get some, you might not. It's best not to close loads at the same time as you risk getting no feedback for any of them which looks bad, and could affect your JSS.

Open contracts don't harm your JSS.

Hi Arsalan,

Please know that contracts without feedback don't affect your JSS regardless if the contract is open or closed. You can check this Announcement for more information on this. If you close the contract the client will still have 14 days to leave feedback.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members