🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Requesting Changes after closed contra...
Page options
frank_gutierrez
Community Member

Client Requesting Changes after closed contract

Hi Guys. I have a client that closed a video project 15 days ago. He approved the video and said that everything was perfect.

The problem is that he is now requesting a few more changes, he will create a new contract, but i have a few issues.

1. I am currently busy with new projects. And i need to focus full time on them.
  2. I created the video with an animation software called Vyond, and if i will need to renew my membership to make those changes.

He needs many changes, after full positive approval. And i told him that i can do the changes after i finish with my other clients. But he is not happy with that response.

I really want to help him but i am under preassure with my new clients. And one of them needs a huge project, delivered fast.

What do you think i should do?

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Hold fast and do the work your current clients are paying you for and relying on receiving from you on time.

The previous client has to be happy to get in line or find someone else to do the work, if he's in such a hurry.

And if other clients continue to keep you busy, you should think hard about ever working for your former client again. If he's unhappy with you, justifiably or not, he can ding your Job Success Score with a bad review on your next project, justifiably or not. That's just the reality of the Job Success Score system - it may not be worth your while to work with a client you know is unhappy with you for any reason.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10
Community Member

Tell him when you can get it done. If he agrees, put it in the "acceptance" text when you accept the contract. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Hold fast and do the work your current clients are paying you for and relying on receiving from you on time.

The previous client has to be happy to get in line or find someone else to do the work, if he's in such a hurry.

And if other clients continue to keep you busy, you should think hard about ever working for your former client again. If he's unhappy with you, justifiably or not, he can ding your Job Success Score with a bad review on your next project, justifiably or not. That's just the reality of the Job Success Score system - it may not be worth your while to work with a client you know is unhappy with you for any reason.

Good luck.

lizablau
Community Member

Since you said he's already "unhappy" with your response, there's a good chance he'll ding you with a 3 or 4 for "Availability" when he closes the next contract. And your JSS will drop like a stone. For that reason, I'd refuse. 

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

1) In your original post, you implied the old client sounded unhappy.
If I were the client, I won't hesitate to express my frustration with your unavailability.
Should you understand my frustration and create room for my project, I won't award you the project in anger, work with you in anger, and close it in anger.
I will be very happy you kindly made room for my project and will very likely give you a top rating, as usual.

2) If you've been in this forum long enough you'd have seen a lot of freelancers complaining about clients requesting plenty modifications after the contract has been closed, clients who don't think it's ever worth setting up another contract to fix bugs.

Yours is not that kind of client.
Yours is a great client, who knows the value of his freelancer's time and has agreed to set up another contract for modifications to his freelancer's very own work!

3) You probably got those great new clients at least partly because of the great outcome with that old client.
I wouldn't reject his repeat business.

Abinadab A wrote:

I wouldn't reject his repeat business.

He does not have the time or the software.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members