cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Reversed his Payment after Ending the contract. Hourly Contract.

Community Leader
Diego I Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
31 of 36

I made a very bad graphic that shows the money never left the client.

Sorry mate. you should be more careful next time. 

Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
32 of 36

Sounds like the OP needs a new laptop

I agree if a client allows manual time, they should be held partially responsible for the allowing of it and the contractor should get paid. But sounds like the OP took advantage of the manual time, but this also falls on the client for allowing too many hours per week. 

But at the same time it's the responsibility of the contractor to track their time using the App as much as possible; so they are covered, if they can't because of their equipment fails or "disconnects" ; they either need to get better equipment or don't take on hourly projects. 

Maybe it's time to allow client's that allow manual time set a limit on how many manual hours you can add. Not just overall. 

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
33 of 36

I doubt they ever will even though I wish they would. But again it's the loser scammers that ruin it for everyone. I can already see people from <insert typical location here> having their friends set up jobs and then scamming Upwork for manual hours. 

Sucks but you know that would be exploited. Only thing I can think of is allow it only for clients with a long history of paying.

Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
34 of 36

@Jennifer M wrote:

I doubt they ever will even though I wish they would. But again it's the loser scammers that ruin it for everyone. I can already see people from <insert typical location here> having their friends set up jobs and then scamming Upwork for manual hours. 

Sucks but you know that would be exploited. Only thing I can think of is allow it only for clients with a long history of paying.

Good point, I didn't really think of that. Boy they just ruin it for everyone...

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
35 of 36

Muhammad - I think you grossly misinterpreted the number of hours you worked during the week. 73 manual hours PLUS tracked hours? 

I agree that working on some jobs, hours can't be tracked and manual hours have to be added. Every one of us takes that chance whether the client will pay for the manual hours added. In your case, doing the work you did, you could have easily tracked the hours you worked. You choose not too. If power cuts off in your area, then you don't work. Or you find another place where power is available. 

When manual hours are added there is NO way for either party to prove they work was really done during that time. It's a freelancers work against a clients word. It can't be resolved even if a client agrees to it. Had you used the Tracker, you would have, at least, been paid for the hours you did track. 

And if the client reversed payment, it doesn't mean he didn't pay you. It means he didn't pay Upwork for the manual hours AND the tracked hours.  But, because, I'm assuming, you did track some hours. you will get paid for those hours. Upwork will pay you for the hours your tracked. Whether what happened is fair, or not right, it doesn't matter, This is Upwork's policy. Manual hours are NOT covered under any circumstance. (not only to you, but to everyone who decides to go that route.)

Ace Contributor
Polina S Member Since: Mar 1, 2019
36 of 36

Hello Muhamad,

What you mean by saying: "I did approach to Upwork agent and he said that offline time added so we dont do any thing"?

You should contact support team on UpWork, and at least should get paid for hours tracked by the app.

I don't believe that offline hours would stand for online jobs.

I suggest you to work only with fixed-price job, if you have such an issue with electricity. This way it is fair to be paid by melistrones.

more info:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063718-Get-Paid-for-Fixed-Price-Contracts

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS