Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Said He Would Approve (Completed) Work, Hasn't Done It

habib_suhail
Suhail H Member Since: Oct 11, 2016
1 of 6

Hi,

I'm new on the platform and doing jobs way below my normal rate, in order to get some positive feedback. I did a job for a client and he had another one for me. He approved the first job, but didn't leave any feedback, which sucked. I accepted the second job offer, completed it a few days later, and sent it to him for approval. He said it is good and that he will approve it "in the morning" (he sent this message on a Saturday night). 

Now we are on Wednesday and he still hasn't approved it (I still haven't gotten paid), and I also sent him a message asking him about it, he hasn't responded to that either. 

What should I do in this situation? 

(I know that regarding feedback there is probably nothing to do... even though I did both of these jobs only for the feedback as the payment is very low and wasn't my main concern, but at least both jobs will show up in my profile after he approves)

Thanks for your time, sorry if this has been answered before, couldn't find it Smiley Frustrated

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 6

Suhail, I assume you are talking about a fixed price job. I would advise you to request milestone approval, if you haven't done so already. If you go to your My Jobs page, there should be a button for doing so. Assuming this client has a verified payment method, you will receive payment no later than 14 days after requesting approval, unless the client chooses to dispute you.

3 of 6

Hi!

I already requested approval, this is why I'm asking. I guess I'd have to wait the whole 14 days then since he seems non-responsive.

Thanks!

dreamseller
Community Guru
Delwar H Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
BEST ANSWER
4 of 6

If milestone amount is funded and your client doesn't respond within 14 days, it will be approved automatically. 

View solution in original post

habib_suhail
5 of 6

Hi!

Thanks, this is what I needed to know.

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
6 of 6

The cheaper the client, the more of a pain they are. Well, that's not guaranteed, but that's what I've found anyway... and I'm sure many will agree. Try and aim for projects or proposals that are closer to your normal rate from now on. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS