🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Sends Contract in .docx Format
Page options
thunderchiz
Community Member

Client Sends Contract in .docx Format

This is my first time using Upwork.

Client sends a contract in .docx file format through messages and it looks quite fishy.

What made it suspicious is the signature section where it was "signed" by typing in his name italicized.

Is this a valid form of signing?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ernestine Gabriel Z wrote:

Client sends a contract in .docx file format through messages and it looks quite fishy.

What made it suspicious is the signature section where it was "signed" by typing in his name italicized.

Random pieces of paper, signed or unsigned, are not how contracts on Upwork are done. Have you been hired THROUGH UPWORK, meaning the client sent you an Upwork offer and you accepted it and so on?

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Ernestine Gabriel Z wrote:

Random pieces of paper, signed or unsigned, are not how contracts on Upwork are done. Have you been hired THROUGH UPWORK, meaning the client sent you an Upwork offer and you accepted it and so on?

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

Alright, cool. 

I messaged the person saying that I'd be most comfortable if I were to have a Job Offer through Upwork.

Thank you so much!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members