🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Sent Offer but Closed Job by Mistake
Page options
5ec5e2ff
Community Member

Client Sent Offer but Closed Job by Mistake

Hi there! 

I have a client that has sent me an offer and then closed that job by mistake. 

He has already put money in escrow for this offer but since the job is now closed, I can't accept the offer and I guess the money is in limbo now?

Should he just create a new job offer and somehow allocate the escrow money to the new job? 

Or is there a way to open the closed job back up and fix it that way? 

Thanks for your help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

If a client closed a job by mistake, he can simply create a new job posting and hire you using that new posting.

The money is NOT "in limbo."

If the client closed the job before a freelancer accepted the offer, then all money will AUTOMATICALLY be returned to the client's funding account. Within 5 business days. The client does not need to do anything. You don't need to do anything.

re: "Should he just create a new job offer and somehow allocate the escrow money to the new job?"

Yes.

This is easily done.

re: "Or is there a way to open the closed job back up and fix it that way?"

No, there is no way to do that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

If a client closed a job by mistake, he can simply create a new job posting and hire you using that new posting.

The money is NOT "in limbo."

If the client closed the job before a freelancer accepted the offer, then all money will AUTOMATICALLY be returned to the client's funding account. Within 5 business days. The client does not need to do anything. You don't need to do anything.

re: "Should he just create a new job offer and somehow allocate the escrow money to the new job?"

Yes.

This is easily done.

re: "Or is there a way to open the closed job back up and fix it that way?"

No, there is no way to do that.

5ec5e2ff
Community Member

Thanks!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members