🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Stopped Responding
Page options
devrahman
Community Member

Client Stopped Responding

Hi 

I've got a fixed price job of $100. Client divided the job into three milestones a.$33 b. $33 c. $34. He paid for two milestone. The job is mostly complete, everything was going fine he even said he will pay me $25 extra. But suddenly for 48hrs my client is unresponsive.  I'm not sure what to do. I have his phone no. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Al Amin Ar R wrote:

Also the face last milestone was not funded and he's stopped responding suddenly, made me was curious how long should I wait and what should be my next step in case I don't hear from a unresponsive client.

If the last milestone wasn't funded and the client vanished, there are no next steps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

Al Amin Ar R wrote:

Hi 

I've got a fixed price job of $100. Client divided the job into three milestones a.$33 b. $33 c. $34. He paid for two milestone. The job is mostly complete, everything was going fine he even said he will pay me $25 extra. But suddenly for 48hrs my client is unresponsive.  I'm not sure what to do. I have his phone no. 

This can happen and 48 hours is nothing, unless you need to urgently contact him re the job. I would complete the work, submit it and request payment on the last milestone. I don't think you should phone him at this point. Your client may just have other things to attend to. 

Hi Nichola

Thank you for your advice. I've decided to wait ,as I'm new to freelancing thought better to get a second opinion. I'm not in a hurry just trying to understand how things work and what are my options. Also the face last milestone was not funded and he's stopped responding suddenly, made me was curious how long should I wait and what should be my next step in case I don't hear from a unresponsive client.

Thank you.

Al Amin Ar R wrote:

Also the face last milestone was not funded and he's stopped responding suddenly, made me was curious how long should I wait and what should be my next step in case I don't hear from a unresponsive client.

If the last milestone wasn't funded and the client vanished, there are no next steps.

Thanks for clarification. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members